About the Cox Family

This blog is about our family. Brandon and I married on June 3, 2000 after dating about a year and a half. We went to high school together but never really talked with each other even though we lived on the same road. We now have Connor,8 and Karlea,4. We also have two dogs, Belle and Patch. We also have two goldfish, Freddie and Dory. Hope you enjoy!

Connor and Karlea

Connor and Karlea

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Been a while!

Well it's been about a year since my last post. Everyone seemed to be doing the facebook thing, instead of blogging, so I did as well. Well, my husband hates facebook so I decided for the sake of our marriage and his health I would not get on it anymore. I do, however, get on it every once in a while without him knowing.

Anywho, we've all had a pretty good year. Connor made it through first grade with all A's. He's so smart, sometimes too smart for his own good. He is so funny. Sometimes when he's in trouble he will say something or do something that is so funny that I totally forget to punish him. I think he knows it and does it on purpose.

Karlea enjoyed her Preschool class at First Baptist. She learned so much. I had been worrying about her because I had spent so much time helping Connor with homeowrk that I didn't work with her very much at all. I was worried that at 31/2 she didn't know how to spell her name or recognize letters until one day out of the blue, she spelled her name. I was amazed. I had not taught her that. What a wonderful teacher she has. Ms. Kim is awesome. She not only knew the letters of her name, the alphabet, but could write her name at 31/2. Connor was right at 4 before he wrote his name. She is very smart as well. It amazes me that small children soak up everything you say just like a sponge. So remember, just as we do, whatever you say or do is soaked up along with the good.

Brandon and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on June 3. I don't know how in the world we made it but we did. It's been a long, tough road. Nobody told me that it would be so much work. Nobody told me it wouldn't be the fairy tale that I had imagined for myself. It's been quite the opposite. Why is it that once kids enter the picture everything seems so much harder? Why had no one told me this or prepared me? My mom only had me and made it look so easy. She was a stay at home mom and did everything for everyone. She was always there and took me to all the softball and cheerleading practices and events, Beta Club events, etc. She made it look so easy. I guess she was happy. She never complained, or I never saw or heard her. My mom was 20 when she had me. Wow! I wanted to be just like her. I'm so glad I didn't. I was nowhere near mature enough to have a child at 20, much less 25 when I had Connor. When I think about it, I'm a big baby. Do any of you feel that way sometimes? I guess I'm doing a pretty good job as a mother. My then 6 year old little boy accepted Jesus into his heart and life. He's so compassionate. He may just be a preacher when he's older. I would be so proud. Karlea is a sweet, loving little girl. She loves Jesus too, and loves church. So I guess if I look at all we have accomplished I have done a descent job. We will see what the next 10 years holds.

No comments: