About the Cox Family

This blog is about our family. Brandon and I married on June 3, 2000 after dating about a year and a half. We went to high school together but never really talked with each other even though we lived on the same road. We now have Connor,8 and Karlea,4. We also have two dogs, Belle and Patch. We also have two goldfish, Freddie and Dory. Hope you enjoy!

Connor and Karlea

Connor and Karlea

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Money....or the lack of

Why is it when you are trying so hard to save a little money something always falls apart, or someone gets sick, or a tire goes out or something happens to cause you to spend the money you were planning to save? I don't remember having this much trouble with money issues before. The last two years have been very stressful regarding money, or the lack of. Brandon and I both have really good paying jobs so where's it all going?

He knows how I feel about his truck. It's a money sucker every month. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice truck. He's never had a new vehicle. We got a really good deal on it. The crappy part is that we pay for it every month plus insurance and it's only driven on the weekends and maybe once during the week. That's a lot of money sitting in the garage. I told him I would sell my car and just drive his truck. He didn't really like that idea.

Seriously, is anyone else having these issues or had these issues? We went through Dave Ramsey. We were better off financially before Dave than after. What's up with that? We don't just spend money to be spending it. We only eat out on Saturday and Sunday most of the time. (Except this week our refrigerator died and we've had to eat out) Has anyone noticed how much you spend buying groceries? It's almost as much as going out to eat. I know I shouldn't be complaining because there are people out there who don't have a job. I don't see how anybody could support a family on minimum wage or even if you make $10 and hour. It's hard. For everybody I guess. Well, hopefully this will make me feel better for letting it out.

I looked into work from home jobs. I'm skeptical. I don't mind doing the work, I just hate that you can't trust anyone any more. I thought if I could do something like that, I could bring in money to put in the savings account. I'm a nurse. There's not much you can do in your home in the nursing field. Any ideas on how to better save money? I've prayed about this several times. I guess I should continually pray about it. God has already shown me that He will provide. Not once have we been in the negative area in our checking account. We've always paid our bills on time. We always "get by". I'm tired of just getting by. I want to feel secure and feel that I'm on top of things.

No comments: